Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Homework and Goals - Week 1

Goals -
1. Emotional Goal - Write in your blog, why you want to do this contest. Be as specific as possible. Also print a copy to post on your refrigerator and wherever you tend to make bad food choices.

2. Food Goal - Decide what kind of diet is best for you and commit to it by writing it down in your blog. I've included some links to my favorite online diets, or you can use your blog as a food and exercise journal also.

3. Exercise Goal - Do at least 60 minutes of any exercise of your choice over the course of the week. (10 minutes a day for 6 days, 15 minutes a day for 4 days, 30 minutes a day for 2 days...well you get the idea)

2 comments:

Camelia said...

Heather,
I know you have not offically started yet, but I want to encourage you to set up your blog and to be excited about this, and just know that the other women are not just "some other" women; know that these are ladies that will be here for you and will always encourage you and support you even when you feel you just can't go on. We all have days like that and i'm pretty sure i will have my share, but i am counting on you and them for accountabilty and support and i am leaning on the Lord for all my strength. Do not stress and do not worry because we all are more than conqueors. Hope to see less of you.. :) See ya

Heather said...

I really want to do this contest because I'm tired of being over weight! I have never had to deal with a weight issue. When I was a child I was always in shape and in my household being over weight was not allowed so we learned to eat right and exercise. Once I moved out on my own I thought "great I can eat whatever it is I want" still I didnt gain weight and now I know thats only because I was a waitress and worked my butt off! Now that I'm older I'm not as athletic plus I find myself eating even when I'm not hungry! I will feed the kids at lunch and sit down with them and eat just because they are eating! This has just got to stop! I'm not trying to be a size 6 but do want to feel good about myself when I see myself in the mirror and at this point I dont like who I see. I'm going to try really hard and feel I have the support to make this goal happen. :) As for my food goal, I havent put down anything on paper but know that I need to cut out all soda's and junk food and stick to things that are healthy and good for me! And when it comes to exercise I have decided that when I come home from school in the evening that I will do a work out video I bought from Barns and Noble with my husband who also said he would like to lose a couple of pounds! Greg has done nothing but support me and I'm so lucky to have such a great husband!